Please enjoy this brief interview with Klára, in which she talks about her upcoming bel canto concert. The English language transcript can be found below.
The CD appeared in December 2014, it cites quite special period in the opera history, and until now Ididn’t have a chance to perform these numbers with the orchestral accompaniment: as we know opera is a costly art and it requires a big orchestra. However, now I have such a luck that is someone saw the creativity in it, Dániel Vadász entrusted me with a full evening’s concert program. It’s actually like running a marathon, because each of these arias is very exceptional and terribly difficult – and until now, no one in Hungary sang them one after another on one concert – nor did anyone in Hungary record it on a CD, so now I am going to try myself in it.
Already the cd’s original title referred to all periods of a woman’s life. And also during the concert we will go from 16 years old teen Rosina, who is the main character in the Barber of Seville, up to more mature women. There is Odabella as well, heroic amazon preparing for a murder, who is young woman. Then we reach two final points of the evening, first being Lucrezia Borgia, who accidentally poisoned her son who then dies in her arms – and the Lady Macbeth, who wants an absolute power and nothing can hold her back from another murder. So actually the power, love, also mother’s love – there is everything in these arias.
This place in Szentendre has wonderful natural acoustics, and as we discovered, there were a lot of classical music concerts in 70s and 80s. There was a blank period, but now I see that a lot of young people come willingly to see classical music concerts, and therefore we are trying to extend the repertoire they listen to as well.
DETAILED CONCERT PROGRAM:
1. Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia – Overture
2. Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia – Rosina’s aria Una voce poco fa
3. Bellini: I Capuleti ed i Montecchi – Giulietta’s aria Oh, quante volte
4. Donizetti: Linda di Chamounix – Linda’s aria O luce di quest’anima
5. Rossini: Il barbiere di Siviglia – The tempest
6. Donizetti: Lucrezia Borgia – Lucrezia’s aria Era desso il figlio mio
1. Verdi: Attila – Odabella’s aria Santo di Partia
2. Verdi: Attila – Overture
3. Verdi: I Lombardi – Giselda’s aria Te, Vergin Santa
4. Bellini: I Puritani – Elvira’s aria Oh, quante volte
5. Rossini: La gazza ladra – Overture
6. Verdi: Macbeth – Lady Macbeth’s aria Trionfai!
You may learn more about the Bel Canto Reloaded CD clicking on its cover below.